Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chihuly: The Nature of Glass

Rachel and I went to the Desert Botanical Garden to see all of the amazing glass sculptures by Dale Chihuly (who is from Seattle). The sun.



We call this one the lolly pop.







We did see a few flowers that we thought were pretty, but really the glass was what was fun to see. Believe it or not, all these flowers are actually cactus flowers! Who knew?!?!?











Yes, there are trees in the desert. And of course I am drawn to them! :)

We call this one the ice burg.




We think this one looks like tall skinny birds.




Roasted marshmallows???
close up


I liked the color of this one.



We also went to the butterfly exhibit there.



There was a really beautiful blue butterfly but it was always fluttering around so I couldn't get a picture of it. Sad :(

I overheard someone saying that this was a bad hair day!






0 comments: