Saturday, November 29, 2008

6th Grade Science Camp 2008 in Prescott, AZ

Most of the teachers... very ready to go home after 3 days with the kids! I was excited to go this year because I taught some of these kids in 3rd grade, 4th grade, or both. They had fun panning for gold, going on a hike, learning how to use a compass, disecting owl pellets, learning about trees, making ice cream, identifying plants and animals, etc.
This is a picture I took for my class. Since we only study AZ for Social Studies we have a few horses that travel with the when they visit other places in the state.

Marlow and I. I had her cute daughter last year in my class.

Kristin and I. We took turns having the students disect owl pellets. Funny story - I was looking at the box that the owl pellets came from and to my surprise I found they came from Bellingham, WA! That is about 20 minutes from where I grew up!!!
I guess that the owl pellet job was featured on the Most Dirtiest Jobs. Well deserved in my book!
My Science Camp roomate Whitney. She is so fun!

My friend Ryan and I. He used to live on the Canadian Border too, although he was in Michigan.

1 comments:

sheena said...

You are so cute! It is fun to see your blog so I can see what you are up to. Miss you!