Tuesday, August 19, 2008

That time of year again!!!

If you flip up the footballs it gives their goals, how they are a good teammate, etc.
Yes...that is astroturf!


The cute girls I work with! They are so darling!
We have 5 fourth grade classes this year and included in this picture is a student teacher.

I have officially survived the first two weeks of school!!! This year (so far) I only have 25 kids and that is really nice! It is much faster to grade papers, easier to keep up with each student and their needs, their parents, paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, and easier to keep my sanity!!! :) I am not saying it is perfect, I have a couple that will give me a run for my money, but for the most part I have a really good class that respects each other and me!

I went into school for a few days over the summer and got organized! YEA! That was one of my goals. It has been nice to work at my desk and have everything right where I need it! I hope to be so efficient so I can leave work earlier. Next goal... leave school before the janitors come to clean it! Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Hopefully you're not so stressed this year. Is there a Merideth Arnold working there?

Brandy said...

Good luck this year Jen. I bet those kids just love you to death. How lucky they are to have you as their teacher. I have an idea, though. Maybe for a fieldtrip you can take them rollerblading....near some mailboxes...you know, like some sort of obstacle course!

VeNicia said...

Love the bulletin board! Looks like you are full of creative ideas, a fun team of teachers, and an exceptionally cute hair do to start off the year. I wish I could teach with you! Good luck! (I think I might be Pocahontas for Halloween then hack it off for locks of love on Nov. 1. You and I both probably have enough to donate 2x with one haircut!)

The Taylors said...

Cute classroom! I remember the days of getting my classroom ready and anticipating the new school year - kinda' miss it! Tell everyone at Meridian "Hi" from me!